What is up with #55 crew chief Childers & Mark Martin with MWR in 2014? There is still work to be done even before the 2014 season begins as Michael Waltrip Racing must sign crew chief Rodney Childers to the #55 car, something [Michael] Waltrip will want to do as soon as possible with Stewart-Haas Racing combing the garage to find a crew chief for #4-Kevin Harvick next year. "We re really close to putting Rodney together with Brian for many years to come," Waltrip said. "Brian and Rodney have a great relationship. They ve known each other since they were kids. They love working together. There is a lot of harmony and confidence in one another."
As far as Mark Martin (who is running part-time in the #55 car for MWR),
whether he has any sort of role at MWR is still to be determined.
"We ve talked a lot and we haven t made any formal decision," Waltrip
said. "He certainly has put his footprint all over our company with the
role he has played the last two years, not only driving the car but his
commitment to physical fitness. & He s just been a huge part of who
we are today."(Sporting News)
AND The deal gives MWR two fully-sponsored cars for 2014 with
Vickers and Aaron's on the #55, Martin Truex Jr. and NAPA on the #56.
Waltrip said the #15 of Clint Bowyer still has 10 open races. He would
like to find a sponsor that would fill the #15 and sponsor him for the
Daytona 500 that he has won twice.(ESPN)(8-13-2013)
- Stewart-Haas Racing Names Regan Smith Driver for Atlanta
- Steve O'Donnell and Joie Chitwood III discuss SAFE...
- ATLANTA SCHEDULE
- NASCAR Home Tracks Outlook
- No. 20, No. 29 Truck Teams Penalized
- No. 10 Sprint Cup Team Issued a Written Warning
- NASCAR XFINITY Series Dash 4 Cash
- NASCAR Productions and SPIKE TV Present ‘I Am Dale...
- Busch is out of the Sprint Cup Series indefinitely...